Thursday, September 11, 2014

Second Week of School!

    Well made it through the first week of school and are now well into the second. YEAH!!! I am loving having 7th grade at the beginning of the day. What a nice change to the schedule. We have such great kids in our school this year.
     I have been working on incorporating thinking routines into my class, following the strategies from Ron Ritchhart's book Making Thinking Visible. I amazed at the ideas the students have about art and am looking forward to learning more of their thoughts.

Students answered the following questions about this painting. I see, I think, I wonder

 

    We then discussed how Franz Marc painted the horses as a way to express his emotions rather than paint exactly what he saw. Working through creativity and thinking out side the box is really our theme for this year. I am hoping that each student will leave my class this year not being too afraid to think outside the box and try new and amazing things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment