Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Graffiti Name Assignments - 6th Grade

Well I have finally gotten almost all of my 6th graders Graffiti assignments graded. This was a huge task and most of the students didn't write their names on the back of the assignments but isn't that the life of a teacher, we eventually figure out where these assignment go. It appears that we are doing a much better job on our 2nd assignment. I love teaching the graffiti process, first as it teaches the students how to start basic drawing skills. We discuss how to first write you letter, then draw around it, and then finally design your letter to make it look artistic. This year I didn't talk about how to color but I was amazed as this was the best year of work I have ever had from my 6th grade students. I am very excited and totally impressed. Here is a small sampling of the amazing work. As always please check out my Twitter page for more amazing student work.







No comments:

Post a Comment