Monday, October 20, 2014

3-D Name Designs 8th Grade

Well I am back from my week long hiatus with my sick son. He is doing much better but we still struggle every night and he is definitely worn out by the end of the day. I am definitely looking forward to the days of finally being able to sleep through the night.

I am proud to post these wonderful 8th grade pictures of their 3-D pieces and apologize for not getting them posted sooner.

For this project we made the letters in our names look 3-D. The inspiration for this project was from this video on YouTube How to Draw 3D letters. Then we carefully copied the process using our own names. This proved to be a difficult experience and took many sheets of paper to finally get the perfect letter.  Here are some of the students who worked tirelessly at getting their name perfect. I am impressed with how well they did. Every student should be proud of their work on this project as it was a hard one to start the year with.




   


Students were graded on the following criteria:
  - Did the letters look 3-D, were the lines drawn correctly for the illusion
  - Craftsmanship (was it done neatly)


No comments:

Post a Comment