Thursday, October 15, 2015

Scratch Art Bug Drawings - 7th Grade

For this project I really wanted something for the students who have a hard time drawing to have success at. We spent many days practicing how to draw different types of bugs. Each day I would start the lesson out with a specific type of bug, we practiced a spider, a beetle, a fly, etc. Then the students would also spend class time practicing 1 or 2 bugs of their choice from either a photograph or from a step-by-step drawing sheet. Finally, we transferred our drawings onto the scratch art page and added in the details, value, and a background.  




Rubric: Students should be able to complete these things by the end of the project

- I can pre-plan my project in my sketchbook (MI standard: ART.VA.II.HS.7)
- I can design and draw a composition using a bug as the focal point (MI standard: ART.VA.II.7.1)
- I can use value to create a 3-d look to my bug (MI standard: ART.VA.I.7.3)
- I can use the scratch art medium appropriately at an emerging level (MI standard: ART.VA.II.7.6)
- I can pay attention to the final details of the assignment and reflect on what else needs to be completed (MI standard ART.VA.II.7.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment