Thursday, October 15, 2015

Imaginary Aerial Perspective Landscape - 8th grade

For this project we started by looking at a variety of images of mountains through out PA and VA. Using the see-think-wonder thinking routine to observe the qualities in the pictures. Then we discussed how artists don't always complete a picture in one day, that sometimes art takes time and steps. We worked through many steps following the concept of Aerial Perspective, where the furthest mountains are the lightest and grayest and then each ridge becomes darker and darker. This gives the impression of depth. We took the time paint in the sky, let it dry and then slowly paint each ridge of mountains. I believe the students struggled the most with the idea that art doesn't happen all at once and sometimes one simple piece can take days or patience. 






Rubric: Students should be able to complete these things by the end of the project.

- I can pre-plan my project in my sketchbook (MI standard: ART.VA.II.8.7)
- I can use the wet on wet technique to apply the watercolors in an emerging level. (MI standard ART.VA.I.8.1)
- I can apply the paints using a lighter and grayer hues  to create the affect of distance aerial perspective (MI standard ART.VA.I.8.3)
- I can pay attention to the final details of the assignment and reflect on what else needs to be completed (MI standard ART.VA.II.8.5)






No comments:

Post a Comment