Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Creativity Test

One of the measures of growth I like to do with my students is a creativity test. I don't count it as an official school growth measure but is something I like to look at and observe the change. The problem is most of the creativity tests out there require you to buy them. So I made my own. I will post jpegs of my creativity test below so if you would like to use them they are yours to use. Unfortunately, until I have my own Wacom tablet you will have to deal with my hand drawn designs.

Here's how I administer the creativity test. I give the student the test and I make sure to tell them to draw the most unique answer. I also encourage them to color their tests. I find that adding color often makes their answers more clear. When they are done I collect them and compare them with the rest of my sample. Eventually, I figure I will have most of the common answers figured out but for now...I look over the group of tests I look to see what is the most common answer is. Scores are based on the most unique answers. I figure there is 12 squares so a student with 6/12 has 6 unique answers. (Often I will have a few kids with semi unique answers so they may have 6.5/12) really the score is only for my record to understand where my students are and how far they have come. One thing I do not look for is drawing ability. I only looking to know how do they problem solve and think differently.

Here is an example of a problem with typical answer and then a unique answer.

Here are those handouts. Enjoy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment